Kensington, MD Area Information
Kensington home buyers have the best of both worlds; a small town atmosphere right around the corner from big city amenities. Located approximately ten miles northwest of Washington DC, Kensington originally started off as a railroad town and was founded in 1894. Today, this Maryland community has a population of roughly 2,250 individuals. Its housing options range with stately Victorian and Cape Cod houses and condominiums. Home prices tend to be high, starting around $450,000, while many cost upward of $1 million.
View Kensington Single Family Homes By Price
View Kensington Condos By Price
Kensington Gives Residents a High Quality of Life!
Even though Washington, DC is only a few miles away, there are still plenty of things to do right in the heart of town.
- Art lovers are sure to be impressed by the many art galleries in town that display local talent. In addition, The Kensington Town Center and Kensington Arts Theater present plays and musicals throughout the year.
- Kensington has a variety of restaurants that include: K Town Bistro, Kensington Pizza and Kabob, The Country Cupboard Tea Room, Hong Kong Restaurant and Chipotle Mexican Grill, to name a few.
- There are several clothing stores and many unique shops like the Knowles Apothecary, Pattrapon Bridal, The Brow Boutique and Claire’s.
- If you’re an outdoors person, you won’t be disappointed by the many parks you can find around town. Whether you feel like having a picnic, taking the kids out to play, shooting some hoops or going out for a relaxing stroll, you’re sure to find a park that’s right for you.
Kensington: A Great Place For Those Seeking a Sense of Community
Kensington definitely has a strong sense of community as well!
One need only look at the annual events calendar to see that. For instance, some of the events planned throughout the year include:
- The 4th of July Bike Parade
- The Kensington 8K Race
- Annual Labor Day Parade and Festival
- Summer Concert Series
- And More.
We Want to Make Your Kensington Home Buying Dream a Reality!
With diverse places of interest and a friendly environment, it’s no wonder so many people love to call Kensington home.
We would love to assist you by answering any questions you might have as well as providing you with some valuable home buying resources.
We’ll also take the time to tell you all about available home listings here!