With an eclectic charm, Forest Glen is a neighborhood of capacious Queen Anne houses and Victorians, set amidst 1960’s Ramblers and a new development of 105 single-family homes and townhomes abutting the Forest Glen Metro station. Houses from three centuries are all in one neighborhood here, and the architectural diversity of the neighborhood is part of the appeal. Access to transportation is another draw, since most residents can walk to the Metro station within 10 minutes. Described by one resident, “It’s a great neighborhood – in a small area, your kids get to see a lot of types of people—social workers, doctors, artists, single moms—a great ethnic diversity.”
Convenient Amenities Around Silver Spring's Forest Glen
- The neighborhood is close to the Capital Beltway.
- Forest Glen Park is a great place to take the kids for an afternoon on the playground. You can also head over for a game of basketball.
- Moments away from the Holy Cross Hospital.
- The following restaurants are within a mile or two of most Forest Glen homes: Hunan City Restaurant, Woodside Delicatessen, Domino's Pizza.
- Many great schools are in the area, including: The Siena School, Albert Einstein High, Evergreen Montessori School.