Potomac, MD Area Information
The scenic community of Potomac, Maryland is located approximately fourteen miles northwest of Washington, DC. Neighbored by Bethesda to the east and the Potomac River to the south, residents are close to major transportation routes like Interstate 270 and the Capital Beltway.
View Potomac Single Family Homes By Price
View Potomac Condos By Price
Gorgeous estates and prestigious homes are common in this wealthy community – home prices usually begin over half a million, though many houses on the market are priced well over $2 million. Potomac home buyers are able to enjoy the quiet, natural beauty of the community, without having to travel very far to find outstanding amenities.
- It’s quite common to see horse farms throughout the community. The Potomac Horse Center offers riding lessons for children and adults. Programs include dressage, hunter/jumper and combined training.
- Potomac is known for having outstanding schools. In fact, Winston Churchill High School was ranked best in the state. In addition, Potomac offers students public, private, parochial, German and Montessori schools.
- The Potomac Village Shopping Center is conveniently located in the heart of the community, close to the Potomac Library. Plus boutiques and high-end clothing stores are close by in neighboring Bethesda.
- Residents have several restaurants and eateries to choose from, most of which are clustered around Falls Road and River Road. Head over to Bezu or Normandie Farm Restaurant if you’re in the mood for French cuisine, try the Old Angler’s Inn if you want excellent seafood or grab a slice at Potomac Pizza.
- If you’re a nature person, you’re sure to plenty of places to stroll around. The Great Falls Park, Rockwood Manor Park and Potomac Park are just a few of the places you can go to get some quality outdoor time. In addition, TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm offers members an incredible golfing experience.
With its fabulous amenities and picturesque surroundings, it’s easy to see why Potomac is a favorite community near the Washington, DC Metro area.