Somerset is a neighborhood in southern Chevy Chase, close to the Maryland-Washington, DC border. Developed in the early 1900’s, Somerset has many historic homes and beautiful surroundings. The neighborhood is about two miles from Bethesda and approximately six miles from Washington, DC.
The Amenities Around Somerset in Chevy Chase, MD
- Vinton Park and Capello Park are located within walking distance of many Somerset homes. Little Falls Park also forms part of the neighborhood’s western border.
- Somerset has its own community swimming pool, tennis courts and basketball courts.
- Chevy Chase Club is located catty-corner to Somerset. Golf, ice skating, tennis and great dining facilities are available to members.
- The Friendship Heights Metro is only about a mile from the neighborhood, facilitating transportation.
- The Shops at Wisconsin Place, Bethesda Row and the Chevy Chase Pavilion provide residents with great shops, boutiques, entertainment and dining.
- Somerset students have access to some of the best schools in the state, close to Walt Whitman High and Bethesda-Chevy Chase High.
- Somerset is about 2.5 miles above American University and 3.5 miles south of the National Institutes of Health.
The Homes of Chevy Chase’s Somerset Neighborhood
Let us know if you’re ready to begin looking for your new home in Somerset. Our Chevy Chase real estate experts would be happy to provide you with relocation resources, tell you about the neighborhoods of Chevy Chase or take you on a tour of the community. Contact us now if you have any questions.